Before jumping all into the wedding planning, first and foremost, take a few moments to breathe and bask in being engaged. Here are some simple things you can do to make the planning process a little less stressful.
Let’s get started, here are some useful tips, information and suggestions that can be used throughout your planning.
1. Get Organized Early.
Save your sanity and set up an organization system that you and your fiancé will use. Your system will evolve over time but start with computer software, a 3-ring binder, and a daily planner or online calendar.
You should know your financial limits before entering the bridal salon.
2. Do your Research.
Know what you’re getting into before making commitments. Take some time research trends in all aspects of wedding planning. A great deal of information can be found online, books or expos.
3. Be realistic.
Think about your formality, style, and the look you want. Use your imagination as a guide to determine and create your Pinterest Boards. Select 2 to 3 stores that speak to your style, beliefs and budget and go from there.
4. What’s your bridal style?
If you don’t know, take our 3-minute quiz to find out here.
Your bridal style is the foundation for creating your wedding. It’s important to start out with a strong foundation, it will make planning so much easier for you.
5. Create your Budget.
Establish your budget, put in writing and track it.
Remember, you have to leave some money in the budget for *bridal accessories.
*Psst, rent your bridal hair accessories, jewelry and a veil.*
6. Get Everything in Writing.
A written contract outlining all the details (times, names, products, services, special requests, payments and deposits) is necessary. All details should be in writing and signed by you and the vendor.
7. Up your Skincare Routine.
8. Stay Hydrated.
Drink plenty of water daily.
9. Make the Wedding your Own.
The best weddings have personal touches and are a reflection of the bride and groom.
- Use your creativity, interests, hobbies, etc. to add personal touches to everything from Save-the-Date cards to the ceremony, to the first dance.
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and your guests will to.
10. Take Time for Yourself!
If you get frazzled or stressed during the planning, take a break, and regroup.
- Block out the noise. Trust your gut!
- On the wedding day go with the flow and let go.
- If something should happen to be different than you expected, chances are only a handful of people will ever know.
- People are not there to judge your wedding, but to share this wonderful occasion with you.
Did you find this helpful?
Feel free to share your comments below.
Follow us @Borrow.Love.Return